Site Inactive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Ashenfield

re: Amokk in the Secret World

Speaking of builds, cross my fingers but the gear magager seemed to be working better last night.
It wasn't dropping items randomly when I switched from AoE to Single.

My AoE build has been quite good ripping up the packs of zombies in savage coast.
Single target is good too, but I feel like I'm missing something. Either way I haven't died too much and I've all but dropped the healing from my damage builds.
Just need a couple more skills and I should have a build suitable for healing polaris and inferno. (Whether I have the skill or not is a different story)

Fingers crossed here as well. Hoping part of Funcoms updates is a better and working Gear Manager.

Little worried I am spreading myself too thin with builds early on. Then again I don't mind running around grinding lower quests to build the points up and in no hurry to move forward.
Ashenfield

Really the only thing you have to lose is time.
Building 3 separate builds on your TSW character is essentially the same as building 3 separate characters in other games.
You can never permanently gimp yourself here it seems.

I'm planning on getting my heal build to the point that I can manage the first two dungeons at least and then laying off in favour of my DPS setups.

For me it was all about survival. I was doing okay with shotgun and hammer in Kingsmouth but when I jumped to the Savage Coast I found mobs beating down my health pretty fast. My Talismans have also been reworked since they were a little low. Plus better weapons which has helped. Plus I love having options. Mind you all the options are geared towards solo play at the moment.
Ashenfield

I'm always torn on what approach to take. Moderate DPS with healing to keep me up, or Full on DPS so they don't know what hit them. Happy
For the moment the full DPS seems to be working. Happy

I found a place in Savage coast where there are some single mobs that drop decent Q5 gear.

OH! and I almost forgot... Sometimes you might pick up an item with crit stats on it for your DPS, but it already has a glyph on it like healing or block (booo!). I didn't realize until last night that you can apply a new glyph on an already glyphed item. It just overwrites the old one.

Hurray!

Not much of an update. Just bought Amokk a nice set of dinner party cloths.

Forum Image
Torvalis

new picture of torvy in his faction uniform!

Forum Image
Spidubic

Build update. So far for tough quests I am finding my Fist/Blade build best suited for he task with AR/Blade a close second. I have started tweaking my Shotgun/Hammer builds but they are still best for regular questing an exploring.
Torvalis

cool, i am using a straight up ar/blood build, i have two gear/skill setups. one for dps/solo, and one for straight heals in a group, been doing main heals for inferno groups all night. it is pretty interesting.
Spidubic

Pretty much moved to the Savage Coast over the last day or two. The area is cool but I am not liking it as much as Kingsmouth. Not sure why. My Shotgun/Hammer buids are slowly coming along. Had a cool idea and went to try it and realized a couple of the new skills I wanted to use were based on Afflicted and not Weaken so that was a setback. Then I found a Passive that set Afflicted and that got me back on track. So many options and so much thinking. Ugh! I am working up two Shotgun trees at the moment. One has given me an AoE turret that I just boosted the DPS on. The Second gives a defense turret but at the end is a Railgun turret. Mwahahahaha!
Ashenfield

There are some very cool things in the savage coast Happy
I've made my way through a fair bit of it.
Did all of the academy quests, some stuff at the light house, off in the forest, and all the ones at the bait and tackle area.
Definitely some great content in there.
I think I'm almost through it all and will be off to blue mountain shortly. I think I have a bit left at the amusement park though.
These is a pretty cool ak'ab solo instance that kept me on my toes. And the Black house is pretty creepy too. Happy
Haven't had a chance to hit the inferno dungeon yet since my gnomes have been taking a lot of my consecutive play time, but I'm in all Q5 gear now I'm more than prepared.
I usually get on for at least an hour and knock off a couple of quests.

Sounds like I still have a lot to discover as I just started the Academy and have just gotten the first quest into the Amusement Park. Never did make it to Polaris and likely will miss Inferno. Really am just having a blast dinking around in the world at large.
Ashenfield

Let me know if you need any help for anything.
Most I was able to get done solo, but occasionally I grouped up with people on the same quest for convenience Happy

Finally got a chance to play last night. Did not do much but kill some stuff. Still relearning. Been a while and it is not coming back as quick as I would like.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: