Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkhawke

re: And back to EQ2 again:)

So after a return to Rift .. i just logged in less and less .. and finally figured out why.. for me its the Lore ...thats it..

I really just cant connect with it ... I have tried .. reading every quest and exploring the stpory lines .. but it just doesnt click for me ..

So its back to the tried and true favorite EQ2 .. but this time instead of jumping back to my max lvl Ranger , i decided to start fresh on anew server .. Rico will always be there if i wanna play him ..

So i wanted to try some new classes .. and went with a Defiler (Darkhawke) and a Beastlord (Roare), i also decided to start fresh on a new server and went with the most populated (always HVY) Antonio Bayle...

So far enjoying the return ..
But EQ2 is always a fun time wink

the lore in rift has never engrossed me either - but at the same time the high level story seem easy enough to grasp, and the world so good looking, its never really bothered me

EQ2 is on the list of games im not going back to - for me that is a game where the lore is "huh?" why am i here what am i doing? last time we all got into EQ2 i ended up on an orc island and it got really grindy...and unfortunetly the game is showing its age graphics wise...

Rift is my game for now - im building a new computer this weekend with a SSD drive that has twice the capacity of what i have now, so now ill be able to have more than 2-3 games on my computer...

im also having fun in xcom - i had a near squad wipe earlier in the week - those soldiers will be missed...
Darkhawke

really like the EQ lore always have...

Really having a great time on Antonio Bayle .. server is crazy active.. and i have actually been crating alot also .. The crafting is actually usefull , and the economy is great .. everything sells... even gettin 2-3 gold per fod or drink for 10-19 tier ..

So just gotta settle in a and find a guild i like . got my eye on a couple..

Decided i enjoy the Beastlord more than the Defiler tho.. Gonna lvl the BL to 95..(25) atm...

And im actually enjoying so much, i locked all my xp to AA at lvl 24 to complete Nex at the same time as Buthcher.. never really finished Nex did it briefly with Rico at EQ2 launch

i doubt that i would ever go back to eq2. when they took away so much stuff, after i had put hundreds of dollars into the game. i just cant bring myself to have to pay for stuff i already did several times over.

I love EQ2 and would love to go back but the free play part is basically unplayable with all I have so I would have to resub but not into doing that at the moment. Already have Rift for a year and no sub GW2 to play. Plus Christmas is a busy time of the year. Rift has already felt that with less playtime.
Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
I love EQ2 and would love to go back but the free play part is basically unplayable with all I have so I would have to resub but not into doing that at the moment. Already have Rift for a year and no sub GW2 to play. Plus Christmas is a busy time of the year. Rift has already felt that with less playtime.

well the F2P is exactly what it is intened to be .. an extended TRIAL .. thats it and players should be aware and treat it as such..

Im really takin my time and absorbing everything this run with the BL on a new server .. even crafting alot .. locked xp to 100% AA to finish zones and really rack up the AA points at lvl 24 BL i have 44 AA points that a sweet ratio...EQ2 really does offer so much that other games lack .

Darkhawke wrote:
well the F2P is exactly what it is intened to be .. an extended TRIAL .. thats it and players should be aware and treat it as such..

...EQ2 really does offer so much that other games lack .

Just a pain to even log in under F2P to check things out. My weapon on Ogek is Legendary thus I cannot wear it. I have too many bag slots so half my stuff is unavailable. Same goes with bank slots. SO the only way I can pop in and do something is resub. Which I may at some point but again this time of year is simply too busy to bother paying for a month of unused game time.

As for EQ2 offering more that other games lack that is really less and less true. I loved EQ2 crafting and housing. My house is crammed with stuff that one of my alts has made. But Rift is very close in crafting and looks to blow away EQ2 in housing.

Bottom line much like AC2 has a special place with me so does EQ2. Just not one I plan to visit any time soon.
Darkhawke

Spidubic wrote:
Darkhawke wrote:

...EQ2 really does offer so much that other games lack .

Just a pain to even log in under F2P to check things out. My weapon on Ogek is Legendary thus I cannot wear it. I have too many bag slots so half my stuff is unavailable. Same goes with bank slots. SO the only way I can pop in and do something is resub. Which I may at some point but again this time of year is simply too busy to bother paying for a month of unused game time.

As for EQ2 offering more that other games lack that is really less and less true. I loved EQ2 crafting and housing. My house is crammed with stuff that one of my alts has made. But Rift is very close in crafting and looks to blow away EQ2 in housing.

Bottom line much like AC2 has a special place with me so does EQ2. Just not one I plan to visit any time soon.

Hmm other than some bags and enhancement crystals.. Rift crafting is completly useless.. For the most part .. And as housing goes altho Rifts looks nicer the sheer number of items in EQ2 far surpasses anything Trion has touched on yet.. Now i am sure Trion will ad more House items as time goes on but so does SOE nearly monthly at the rate they have been going.. there are way to many to even begin counting ...

And actually still looks great ..

http://eq2decorators.com/showcase/showcase_entire_houses.php

Rift housing definitely has a ways to go to catch up to EQ2 in sheer numbers but the fact you get building materials and can build your own house or ship house or tree house, that is simply mind boggling. Some of the houses people have already created in Rift are stunning. And these are not pre build houses simply decorated but rather ground up builds. That in itself is light years ahead of EQ2.

Crafting wise I don't think Rift is useless. My crafters have outfitted my alts with armor, weapons, runes, dyes, all kinds of stuff. Slightly behind EQ2 but far from useless.

I am updating EQ2 at work today or tomorrow, 1 gig update. Mostly to see if I can do any of the Christmas stuff which I have always loved.
Darkhawke

Finished up Nek Forest last nite .. what a great zone i had no idea as i always skipped being the home of the Dark Elves...

SO i set my xp back to 60% AA and back to Butcher , while there atop the cliff i am given a quest to visit a Queyos rep on the Queynos Docks.. They redid Queynos also .. i had no idea .. for the most on the surface seems the same but i will have to dig firther seems many changes under the skin ..

So i get sent to a Tunare rep in Eldarr Grove , who tells me the Baubleshire needs my help, i immdiatley "meh" and disregard to move onto my old home of WillowWood .. (the gates are locked..) .. wtf . and there are injured halflings all over the ground in the common area between Bauble and Willow .. ok somethng is going on ..

So back to Tunare rep and grab the quest to help Baubleshire.. The zone is being Invaded heavily by daemons and such .. " i must find a way to shut these portals"

great stuff gotta get back

hmphff , well apparently they made sweeping changes to Queynos, as all the old noob area are being invaded .. The Gnolls in Willowood .. Not on my watch twisted ..lots to do

And it seems that the Writ system has been redone as all 4 factions right now offer a set of writs for Crypt of Betrayl..

Which is pretty cool a trip into the Down Under thru to the Vermin Snye to the Crypt is always fun.. Gonna push xp to 100% AA again tho

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: