Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: Rift Storm Legion - New souls!

Trionworlds will soon be releasing information on the 4 new souls that will be in the xpac Storm Legion. One for each class. First up is the Mage and from the image shown people are crying out 'BattleMage'! Looks like purple lightning surrounds the shadowy figure who appears to be holding a two handed bat'leth type sword.
Spidubic

Mage soul reveiled!

The Harbinger!

" this new form of mage that likes to get in-your-face with its attacks by summoning weapons such as an energy scythe and a lightning blade. Apparently this is a class that will bring some utility and survivability to a group."

Looks pretty sweet! Summoned weapons look awesome. Melee combat in a dress. WTF?
painegiver

[quote="Spidubic"]Mage soul reveiled!

The Harbinger!

quote]

i cant tell if that is melee dps or support - i was thinking they might just give each class a role that they are weak in - ex. give mages a tank spec, give warriors a healing spec - i still have rift on my PC, im probably jump back into it once we get closer to the expansion
Spidubic

Mage soul is melee DPS. Trion says that is what people wanted but forum people are saying they wanted a tank. I am thinking a tank soul for Mage could have made them unstoppable thus no tank soul. Can you imagine Mage DPS without the weakness of cloth armor?
Spidubic

Other souls shown here:

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/souls/

Warriors are saying the Warrior looks to be wearing a quiver and carrying a bow.
Spidubic

Warrior soul released.
The Tempest!
http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/souls/tempest/

"The Tempest electrifies the Warrior arsenal, unleashing charged bolts to cut down foes from extreme range. Whether triggering area energy blasts or channeling power surges, the Soul adds stormtouched fury to any build. Drawing on the Plane of Air, the Tempest can vanish in refracted light and conjure illusions of false demise, escaping from battle when its formidable plate armor is pushed to the limit."

Many other changed to the Warriors other souls. Too much to digest in one sitting but it looks like I am going to have a lot of work to do reworking my builds.
Ashenfield

Spidubic wrote:
Melee combat in a dress. WTF?

Who needs armour when you have the powers of the whole cosmos at your disposal? Happy

pfft...muggles ;)

great game - too bad i wont go back until its FTP
Spidubic

I signed up for the years subscription deal that gets me the xpac for free. $100 for the sub minus $40 for the xpac means I pay %4 a month for the next year. Combined with GW2 that gives me a nice 1-2 punch for games.

One thing I am hoping for is leveling options for Amokk at level 50. He barely has any level 50 pre-expansion dungeon gear which meant Ember Island was a no go. With the expansion raising the level cap I am hoping it also opens up ways of gearing up that will bypass having to run those dungeons. Would hate for him to be stuck with no way to advance.
Spidubic

Rogue soul is the Tactician.
Spidubic

Link to a Beta soul tree calculator:
http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/beta#U/

They have not shown the Cleric soul yet but according to this it looks like death based damage and healing.

Overall I am super excited to try out the new souls. Warrior range soul I am not so sure about but am curious to see it blend with other souls. Beastmaster/Tempest? The Mage melee soul looks cool with summon-able weapons that do different things depending on which is chosen.
Spidubic

And finally the Cleric soul revealed!

The Defiler!

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/souls/defiler/
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Rift All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: