Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: RIft Crafting

One of the first things I need to do now that I am back in Rift is try and decide what to do about crafting. I started out as an Apothecary but the 90 second use of flasks was not what I was hoping for so I decided to switch to Armorsmith in hopes of making gear I could use. Before I left I had discovered I needed really expensive ingredients to craft any armor that was better than I was wearing. I think Armorsmith is a bust. So I am left deciding what to do crafting wise. Reading about 1.8 I get the feeling in order to do any worthwhile crafting I am going to have to group and group a lot. So I am thinking it might be time to drop Armorsmith and just take all gathering skills. Then I can gather everything as I go and just sell it to make plat and buy what I need since another issue I have is a serious lack of cash in Rift.
Spidubic

And then I realized I also took Runecrafting on Amokk. Which I now remember doing as Armorsmithing allowed me to salvage items to get extra materials for Runecrafting which can potentially help me out.

That makes my choice a little harder.

Then again Runecrafter takes lots and lots of coin to really do anything.

Ugh! I think I will just go all gathering.
Spidubic

Think I have pretty much decided to just go gatherer. All the crafting trades at some point require either money or grouping to get items to make the best stuff. So for me and my playstyle I am thinking full gatherer is the way to go. A harvesting machine. Then I either sell the material on the AH for gold or sent it to alts or guildmates to make stuff. I know I will need bags and I know Rico makes them so being able to send leather and such for bags seems to make sense.
Spidubic

Bit the bullet. I am now a Miner/Forager/Butcher. Now to skill up from zero my two new gathering skills.
Spidubic

Let me know who needs what so I can funnel materials to you. I think going all gathering was the best idea for me. I have been selling stuff on the AH and making semi decent money rather than eeking out some coins crafting stuff. Plus harvesting in the low level areas is a good way of relearning the game since the mobs can't really kill you.
Darkhawke

Potions and Runes both sell well ... just sayin..
would be great to have either in guild.. i got Leather crafting maxed.. if you need any let me know..

And awesome to have ya back Amokk .. gonna be some fun dungeon runs .. especially when Dizz gets to 50 Happy

Also i have Serrrated workin Apoth .. but not sure of his play time so progress will be slow..

They sell well but you do have to make the special ones to really make money. So far I have nearly doubled the plat I started with yesterday when I resubbed. And that is just messing around.
Spidubic

Fishing and Survival have caught up with Foraging and Butchering so I can now level them all together right up to cap. Should make things go faster. SO far I am still liking being an all gathering crafter. I have debated returning to Apothecary but nothing about it is really drawing me into making another go. If dyes were only crafter made then maybe I would give it another go but the fact you can get pretty much any dye you want at an NPC vendor means no real point to crafted dyes other than maybe black or white.
Spidubic

It is amazing what a person collects on a character that is all gathering. I have been going through my characters inventory and bank moving stuff around and see who has what. Then I figured out who requires what for their crafting and have been sending the appropriate person the things they need. This has done a good job of emptying Amokk's bank as it was full of harvested items. This has also allowed my alts to level their crafting to their level and a little beyond. Now I just need to raise their harvesting skills a bit. I am starting to find Rift crafting a lot like EQ2 in that I can level multiple alts with different crafting and have almost everything covered for my characters. Good times.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Rift All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: