Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: GW2 - One month in

Looks like a lot of bloggers are starting to post their one month reviews of Guild Wars 2 so I decided to start a post here.

Amokk's quick review:

First off I am still loving GW2 as we approach the one month hurdle. Leveling has been weird. On one hand it feels like I have been leveling at light speed but on the other I am only 49. But after a month I at 49 I am further along level wise than I would be in other games. In a way leveling feels like it is almost too fast. I actually would have liked to see my skill progression spread out further. Even on my Warrior with access to 19 weapons I had learned all the skills by level 10. I think it would have been okay to say allow you to learn 1, 2, and 3 to start then perhaps 4 at level 10 and maybe 5 at level 20. Just to stretch out the getting cool stuff a little longer.

I like getting skill points every level as well as by doing skill points. This at least allows you to gain something past level 10.

Traits continue to 80 and I love the fact you can change around your 20, 40, and 60 trait but none really seem special. I would like to see trait builds like Rift souls. Give me two optional swap outs of traits. Like weapon swapping.

Leveling is fast but you seem to run out of stuff to gain halfway to 80. At level 40 I felt like I had completed all I needed for my character. I had the skills I wanted and traits really seem trivial.

Runn Amokk is 49 now and while still having fun I am starting to run out of goals to push towards. While 80 is a goal it is one I don't care to reach as from what I have been reading Orr is underwater meaning I lose out on all my weapons and have to resort to underwater weapons. That sucks big time. 60 is the next goal but since it is linked to traits which I find trivial it is not a goal that will push me.

Overall I am loving GW2 and will continue to play it, maybe more on alts as time goes on. The fact there is no sub and that I don't need to worry about being out leveled means I can slack off a bit if I want to and still be able to jump in and play on a guild night. I have Rift for the next year and may start swapping over to it for a bit down the road. GW2 to me is the perfect Defenders MMO though. We can all play other games but still get together and run around GW2 when we want to.
Spidubic

re: GW2 - One month in

Forgot to mention WvWvW. Have not done much PvP but the couple of times I have there have been severe lag issues. I would say half of my deaths have been due to lag. Going to assume it is my internet. Out in the PvE world I get lag but it is fairly rare.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: