Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: GW2 - Things you like and don't

I have to comment on crafting. When I started I thought maybe this time it would grow with me as I leveled and not fall behind. That naive thought last till the first time I crafted something. First off it takes an insane amount of material to craft. I love the fact nodes are there for all and it is not a race to get to one first. But what it takes to make items really slows you down. I have lots of copper for weapons but I need a vial of weak blood per weapon. I thought making the items to combine to make the weapon would push crafting along faster but they no longer give me XP to move forward. Only the finished product and it takes at least 2 of not 3 to jump one number. I can make level 5 items but I have long outgrown them and at level 18 am wondering if I will ever be able to craft myself a useful item again. With my Warrior being able to use so many weapons I felt Weaponsmith would be awesome to be as then I could make all my weapons save a few and keep options open. But now some of my weapons are falling behind and while I am finding some good weapons on mobs I am not finding all the weapons. That was where crafting was suppose to come into play.

Crafting in every game I have played is catchup crafting. The items you can craft with the materials gathered end up being for previous levels. Right now I can make level 5 items while I am level 18. By the time I can craft items a level 18 could use I will be beyond them. I just find that sad. Of course this is where some good comes into the bad although that good is actaully bad in a way. GW2 gives you XP for everything. Adventuring, killing, crafting, wandering. Everything you do gives XP which is awesome. Except when I am out just harvesting I am still leveling. Which is good for levellers but bad for crafters. I honestly thing I have gained at least half my levels from something other than questing and killing.
Dizzarian

I thought this at first but what really advances your crafting is figuring out recipes. In each station there is a list of components, craft those. Then in the discovery tab put on in the slot and start adding components till you find one you can craft. This will usually give you a level or 2 and start giving out a lot of items to craft.

Also upgrade your salvaging kits so that you start get those rare items from the items you are salvaging.
Spidubic

Dizzarian wrote:
In each station there is a list of components, craft those. Then in the discovery tab put on in the slot and start adding components till you find one you can craft. This will usually give you a level or 2 and start giving out a lot of items to craft.

List? I know about the discovery tab but where is this list? That would be handy.

Dizzarian wrote:
Also upgrade your salvaging kits so that you start get those rare items from the items you are salvaging.

Yeah, but the upgrades cost $$$ and much like other games I find myself constantly short even trying to spend as little as possible.
Ashenfield

Does anyone need wood or vegetables? I am collecting it, but have no use for it.
Also, I'm surprised you are short of cash...I haven't really found anything to spend money on short of repairs, teleporting and harvesting supplies.

For a while I kept thinking my gathered materials were disapearing, until I realized they kept going back into my collectibles. Happy

I guess cash isn't really a problem, more of a liking to have a bit more of a safety net.. I always like to have excess cash just in case. Like you say there really isn't much to spend it on.
Ashenfield

The beauty of make believe is that you never need a net. :-)

I made some good progress on my tailoring last night Spid.
I realized that I can make the following armour types;
head, shoulders, chest, hands, legs, feet (6 types)
I can also make 'insignias' of 6 differnet types.
These are the modifiers for the armour (Power, heal, crit, etc)
So given that, there are 36 separate discoveries to be made with the basic armor. And those discoveries are what gives the real xp. Making a piece I already know would give me a small portion of the crafting bar. But a discovery gives me about 2 - 3 crafting levels.

I went from level 25 to 61 in about an hour, since I had some cloth saved up, and I was salvaging everything I made with some better kits, which may increase the return you get on salvaging an item.

Now I am level 22 and can make level 20 masterwork armor items. Definitely useful to me.

Ah ha! Got it. I have been trying pieces and parts and not whole weapons. I figured the spaces meant more parts but I guess that is more for higher level crafting where perhaps you can add toughness and vitality to a weapon. Now it is getting interesting and making me want to spend more time just harvesting. I also see that the item level goes up as well. when you discovery something. I just crafted a couple of weapons that were better than what I have atm. No bad. Starting to understand now how it works and it makes sense. Think I was just trying to complicate the process.
Spidubic

I feel so stupid now. Crafting makes sense and it was so simple. For me I get the basic recipes to make 2h sword, 2h mace, 1h sword and axe, and shield, and dagger. Each section that opens to me gives me a part I can make to improve the basics weapon and thus yield a weapon of higher stats and higher levels. Damn I feel like a moron.
Torvalis

sounds interesting, too bad i cant afford to buy it.

Another love/hate thing. Auto level is awesome! No matter the zone I am in I am leveled down to a semi appropriate level. If the zone is level 10 I may be 9-11. No matter where I go I don't 1 shot the mobs. And I also on occasion score gear of my real level. Woot! Downside is when out harvesting lower level items I cannot just one shot the mobs. The other thing I have discovered is I only gain the zones level of items and money which may be why I feel I am short of cash. I am level 26 atm and doubt I have set foot in a level 20 zone. Lets just say I saw silver ore once.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: