Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: GW2 and NCSoft

I have all but given up on NCSoft. I use Lastpass for all my passwords. Even have notes for games. Nothing saved for NCSoft works and when I try to recover my password from their site every single email address I have ever used is shown as not in their database. I lost access to my original Guild Wars account and now apparently to my Aion account as well. Have not tried to log into Aion so that may still work and from there give me a hint to getting back into my main NCSoft account. I have had issues with them from day one so I am really leery of doing anything with GW2 at the moment.
Dizzarian

I found this http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/recovering-your-ncsoft-account-name-t10369823.html

it's a couple years old but should still be valid. you just need to contact customer support somehow.

GW2 is so freaking good, trust me, you don't want to miss it.
Ashenfield

or just make a new account Happy

So what does GW2 use for account? A regular account or an NCSoft Master Account? Last time when I made a new account for Aion I could not use my credit card because they said it was already in use by another account which is my Guild Wars NCSoft Master Account. So I can likely make another account but it may want another credit card number and I don't have one. Really bugs me that I specifically use Lastpass to keep track of dozens, hundreds of websites, games, and their password and it works awesomely on everything EXCEPT NCSoft.
Spidubic

Okay, narrowed things down. Spidubic is my NCSoft Master account but the email address it is tied to is an old Sympatico account which I closed years ago. Bad part of that is they sent a code to verify to that account. Doh!

Actually Spidubic and Amokk are master accounts apparently. Oh yeah, and Spidmokk.
Spidubic

Support ticket is in. Explained everything about master accounts and such so hopefully they can correct it.
Spidubic

Success! Mostly. Looks like I got my NCSoft Master Account that had Guild Wars on it back. Not sure about the Aion account but that's okay. So now I just need to decide on GW2. I guess the one cool thing is no monthly sub. And I like the look of the Engineer.
Torvalis

i put in to have mine recovered too, luckily i still had access to my original guild wars box with the code in it.
Torvalis

i got access to my account back. hopefully i dont have to do that anymore.
Spidubic

I hate it when I don't play say any EA games for a long time then go to log in and find out they now have 'Origin' and it has messed up everything. I like NCSoft's Master account then separate passwords for games idea but it has always got me in trouble. Hopping that I too do not have to go through that again.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: