Site Inactive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashenfield

re: The latest incarnation of Ash

Of ashenfield...
Forum Image

Last edited by Ashenfield on 2012/07/02 18:29; edited 1 time in total
Spidubic

Awesome! Need to get a screenshot of Amokk.
Darkhawke

i dont know how to put an image here.. stupid shit ..shpouldnt be that hard

Ash is evolving.
Started withe elemental/fist, moved onto blade, and now onto a pure magic build with elemental/blood. Blood on te healin side and elemental on the dps side.
Makes me pretty survivable with the option to run support or dps. Minor skill tweaks will make me single target or aoe optimized as needed.
Loads of fun.
Ashenfield

Forum Image
Ashenfield

...and holy crap I love this game.

So many little things just make this great.
The investigation quests are fantastic and requiring the use of Google (and the real world internet in general) in quests is awesome.
Example: Found a business card and had to google some information on it to find information related to a password hint. Awesome.
Having this game set in the real world really opens the quests and lore possibilities up to unprecedented levels. I hope they can keep it up.

The detail of the world as said before is amazing. The little things really do make the difference in making the world feel alive.

The skill wheel is great. I'm just getting into the outer rims on Blood and Elemental. Weee Happy So many paths and combinations to try. I sometimes feel like 7 actives and 7 passives is a bit low. Even bumping that to 8 would be awesome, but it really forces me to think about what I am going to be fighting and adjust my skills accordingly.

Thinking; that really is what this world seems to be about at it's core. Loving it.

Last edited by Ashenfield on 2012/07/03 11:02; edited 1 time in total
Spidubic

I just got my first investigation quest last night. Have not had a chance to do much with it. But I agree, real world setting opens up endless possibilities. The entire world is available for TSW to explore.

The limit on skills and passives is so much like the rest of the game. Choices. You can have it all but not at once. Eventually if the game runs long enough everyone will have the wheel filled and that is where the limited spots will really come into play. I am still in the first section trying to figure out what I want.
Ashenfield

So I ran into the Savage coast last night.
For the same 40 tokens that you buy your Q3 weapon, you can gat a Q5 weapon in the Savage coast. It's a bit of a hairy run, but it was fun and I got a nice Q5 Elemental focus out of the deal Happy

Cool mobs in the savage coast Happy

Ashenfield wrote:
So I ran into the Savage coast last night.
For the same 40 tokens that you buy your Q3 weapon, you can gat a Q5 weapon in the Savage coast. It's a bit of a hairy run, but it was fun and I got a nice Q5 Elemental focus out of the deal Happy

Cool! Location?
Ashenfield

Northwest side of the map.
You can make the run with minimal conflict if you are careful Happy

Will have to look. I have gotten to the academy so far which is sort of in the middle. I think.
Dizzarian

Seen these guys when I ran through there. Like the vid too gives me a feel of how the other half lives :D
Ashenfield

Got through Polaris a couple of times tonight. Cool dungeon.

Forum Image

Going to try something new with Ash this week.
Ele/Blood is working pretty well, but I may be able to get a bit more synergy with Ele/Shotgun.
AP is coming fast and furious in Blue Mountain so I bought the inner ring of the shotgun tree and crafted myself up a basic Q5 shotgun to muck around with.
We'll see how that goes, looks like it will be a great single target strike build, but may still hold on to Ele/Blood for the AoE pulls as they seem to work quite nicely together for that.
Particularly I like Infection

"A Chain attack that deals 62 magical damage. Affected targets also become Afflicted with a damage over time effect dealing 8 magical damage every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. If an enemy dies while affected by this effect, it explodes, dealing 44 magical damage to nearby targets. "

The damage is a fair bit higher than the description due to item modifiers, but always nice to have a group of things exploding, which kills other things making them explode and so on Happy

Jump to: