Site Inactive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: TSW Crafting

I have not done a lot of crafting in TSW mostly due to the fact I need to find tool kits to do any crafting. I know I can buy consumable toolkits for making consumables but that is not what I am after as far as crafting. I want to make Talisman, Glyphs, Weapons. For all the mobs I have killed in Kingsmouth I rarely got materials or toolkits. Beginner level so I figure that will change. I gathered what I did get for material and when the stacks were big enough I upgraded the material. In the Savage Coast I am finally getting more materials but toolkits are still rare. I tried a T3 Talisman kit and got an item that barely equals what I am wearing now. Using my only T4 kit gives me a message that the material quality is too low. Sadly by the time I get enough of the right quality material for T4 it will likely make items equal to what I am wearing then.

Bottom line for me is crafting in TSW is pretty much the same issue as with all other MMO. If I an running around an area that is level appropriate I should be able to gather material to make useful items. But by the time I gather the material for that area I am ready to move on and already have quest items that will match or be better than what I can craft at that time. It always feels like crafting is one tier behind rather than on the same tier.

Crafting just doesn't feel useful.
Spidubic

Okay, some progress. Needed to upgrade the material I had another step. But I did manage to make a bracer that is better than the one I am wearing although the one I am wearing is Q2 and the rest of my stuff is Q3 and Q4. So it is better but only because I have not finished a quest that gives me a Q3 bracer.
Spidubic

Would be better overall except I cannot make a glyph to fit it because I have only ever found 1 glyph toolkit. So one step forward and two steps back.
Spidubic

I know crafting works in TSW because I see people selling items in chat. But they are higher level items.

All I want is to be able to gather materials and craft items I can use right then and there. As it stands right now I can craft but only for the past, quality levels I have been and not what I am right now.
Ashenfield

In the savage coast I got a tonne of Q4/5 kits.
The materials that drop are coming in quantities that I have made a few Q5 talismans and such after upgrading them.
The runes for glyphs are a fair bit slower than those for weapons and talismans.
I found that the mobs over by the bait and tackle shop drop mostly Q5 things while over by the acadamy and such it's a lot more Q4.

Need to continue on with the Academy line so might wander around out there tonight. Q4 would be good right now as I am mostly Q3 with the odd Q4.
Ashenfield

Don't bother selling any of your talismans or weapons. I'd suggest breaking everything down.
The mats start to add up quickly and are far more useful than money in my experience.

Been breaking everything down that is breakable right from day one. Only thing I can see money good for is cloths at the moment. Glad to hear materials start to come more often. Crafting always starts slow which bugs me.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: