Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkhawke

re: D3 vs PoE

Having played D3 to lvl 43 on nightmare and Path of Exile to 33 to Cruelty (nightmare), i gotta say right off that PoE is better in nearly everyway ..

D3 would get the edge in graphics , but barley..

PoE has much better Gear customization , and by far, much better class customization in Skills , and Passive development of class,PoE classes have new fresh feel and D3s seem same ole..

PoE has a Global chat with a sense of community..

Did i mention F2P....

PoE world and lore also has a fesh feel and for me Blizz fell flat on there faces here by rehashing literrally everything from D1 and 2... shame Blizz for lack of creativity and lazy development..

ill write a bit more as i revisit PoE but for now .. my humble opinion

Since you mentioned it...while I admittedly haven't played D3 too terribly much, PoE grabbed me a lot more than D3 right from the start.
The gear system in PoE is great and makes me want to keep playing to keep on tweaking my gear.
Reminds me I haven't played PoE in a while...have to fire it up.
Darkhawke

They just put in a big update 3 weeks ago , adding the new class Shadow.. lots more gear some more quests and optimization along with some UI tweaking... Excellent update..

Chp 3 and more content scheduled for this week (hopefully)

i got into the PoE beta - just to try it compared to D3 - tried it for all of 5 minutes over the weekend - was a bit overwhlemed by the skill trees

Im really liking D3 - i thought that once i beat normal i would get bored in nightmare, but im having more fun in NM that i was in normal - i really like that i can test and tweak my abilities on the fly - my barb looks like a badass, and im kicking ass in game - i also really like the auction house - it makes gettign specific gear to help your char much easier (for example, id much rather have +str and +vit on armor on my barb, rather than +int or +dex, but random yellows are just that - completely random) - and i have 4 other classes to try out
Darkhawke

painegiver wrote:
i got into the PoE beta - just to try it compared to D3 - tried it for all of 5 minutes over the weekend - was a bit overwhlemed by the skill trees

Im really liking D3 - i thought that once i beat normal i would get bored in nightmare, but im having more fun in NM that i was in normal - i really like that i can test and tweak my abilities on the fly - my barb looks like a badass, and im kicking ass in game - i also really like the auction house - it makes gettign specific gear to help your char much easier (for example, id much rather have +str and +vit on armor on my barb, rather than +int or +dex, but random yellows are just that - completely random) - and i have 4 other classes to try out

The Passive skill tree is really massive and quite uniqe.. it alone brings countless # of builds.. Now factor in the mass amount of slottable active skill gems...and there is literrally an uncountable # of possible builds.. Amazing thing is , is that it works ...

ok i have played some more PoE recently but ALOT more of D3 - im going to try and put some more time into PoE this weekend beofre i post my comparison, but i can tell you im really liking D3 - i have a 50 barb and i started a wizard this week - i have lots of friends (and family) on D3, so that is a plus, and i really like the auction house feature in D3 - scanning for cheap legendarys is like scanning ebay for cheap but good computer stuff (or guitars, or magic cards )
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Path of Exile All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: