Site Inactive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: TSW Beta Weekend #2

The second Beta Weekend is approaching!

This coming Friday May 18th 6pm CET / 12pm EST we are opening the doors to the second Beta Weekend and you are eligible to participate!

In this Beta Weekend event, players must return to Kingsmouth as an initiate of the Templars and investigate the myths and mysteries of the town and its surrounding areas. In addition to all the content of the previous Beta Weekend, in this event you get to meet more of the brave and resourceful holdouts in Kingsmouth to learn their stories and pursue the many new missions they have for you.

Note that your character progress from one Beta Weekend will carry over to the next.
Ashenfield

May log in, but don't want to play it to death in beta.
I saw enough to say it looks like something I want to play at release.
I like to save the surprise for Day 1.
Torvalis

how did you guys get the beta codes? i preordered but didnt get any code for beta. i would like to try it out before i pay full price for it.
Dizzarian

I know rico and I are in closed beta but we might have registered very early on for it and got in. I'm like ash though I saw enough that I don't want to ruin release or at least till I know I get to keep my character.
Spidubic

I am just creating new characters to try out things. Still undecided on weapon choice and that is one thing I would like to kind of have set for release. Plus I am still not really 100% sure on TSW. I like it, I like the setting. The wheel for skills is different. The exploring for quests is cool. Lack of levels, well lets just say lack of a number next to your name. I feel the levels are still there just invisible to you.
Ashenfield

Torvalis wrote:
how did you guys get the beta codes? i preordered but didnt get any code for beta. i would like to try it out before i pay full price for it.

Just log into your tsw account on the website and you should have a download link.
No code needed.
Ashenfield

Spidubic wrote:
Lack of levels, well lets just say lack of a number next to your name. I feel the levels are still there just invisible to you.

Well you can never get away from some sort of progression indicator.
But i dont think you can call it levels.
If i understand you could theoretically learn every level of every skill.
There is no arbitrary level cap that will stop you from learning skills.
Then you can work with the various synergies between the skills to continue customization.
I think its a bit more than just an invisible level :-)
Torvalis

i put in my wolf pack pet code and it gave me access. should be able to play tomorrow, if this download ever finishes.
Spidubic

Created a few characters tonight and played through different options. Still loving the sword so it is going to stay. Decided I want to be a more pure weapon oriented character as oppose to adding in magic. Tried the assault rifle which is great for range but I actually prefer the sword/shotgun combo. Also thinking more AOE than single target but that is still up in the air.
Spidubic

Weapon synergy chart:
http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=25719

Ultimate guides list:
http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=30981

Been reading about the mission system and leveling or progression. TSW is a very deep game when you start digging into it. The questing layout and lack of hubs for example. Forget how you quested in MMOs before, it will hinder you in TSW.
Torvalis

ok, got on this morning for a while. i cant say that i like it even a little bit. wont be buying this.
Darkhawke

If you approach TSW like any other MMO you may be put off quickly, this is not that game, This is not another level grind gimme my skill at lvl 8,10 12..etccc.. Where r meh lootz.... Look elswhere... Cookie cutting class specific Warrior # 1,318,271.. exactly the same as all the otherzs game..

That being said i could see where some folks may be put off at the start .. You really need to be patient.. let the game play you , not Just Play another game.. It really offers a lot , if you were to appraoch more like say Skyrim .. but in an MMO sense with community you may find it more enjoyable..Quests are fresh and push you to think .. and no i dont mean the first 4 you get .. just explore the game world .. read the quests there are many webbing xing stories going on that will travel with as you progress..

And altho there are many many mind boggling # of builds , try to plan out what you want you characther to do .. read the skills carefully there are many and some combos can be powerful.. experiment ..

I dont anticipate TSW to have 1 million subs heck i would be impressed with 300k after 3 months , but i do tjink it will reatian and grow much like Eve as word spreads of this truly uique experience..

I agree with what Rico said.
You can't really play TSW like other MMOs for sure. Play that way and it disappoints.

I am using the beta weekends to mix an match weapons to find what I like or what works. I like sword and shotgun but they supposedly dont work well together. Sword and assault rifle work better but I don't care for assault rifle. Going to try hammer and shotgun as they should work great.
Spidubic

Very interesting afternoon. Stuck with my Hammer/Shotgun dude. Really has very little range with si a disappointment but I did get to see the synergy between the two weapons and how TSW's combat works. At least a little bit. I got enough AP points to get a few of each Hammer and Shotgun skills. They do work together well. I could hammer a guy till I got 5 points then hit him with my big skill gaining bonus damage from the 5 points I had build. Hammering also built weakening which then allowed me to use my big shotgun skill to do more damage. I could choose a sure fire AoE skill or one that is single target but could do more AoE if it goes off right. Risk and reward. The more I play and see the subtle nuances the more I think this could be a more than 30 day game.

EDIT: Just realized the builder skills actually say they build resources for both weapons. hehe Oops.
Spidubic

Gave Assault Rifle and Sword another go tonight and damned if I am not liking it better as well. The longer range of the Rifle is handing for pulling plus the sword has some good multi target attacks.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> The Secret World All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: