Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidubic

re: Don't buy a hard drive right now

If you are looking to get a hard drive and don't absolutely need it I would hold off. A few weeks ago there was a flood in Thailand that has shut down hard drive manufacturing. Our suppliers have told us no new supplies of them until January or worse end of March. This has caused prices to double and in some cases triple. So hold off on that new hard drive purchase unless you really need it.
Dizzarian

ugh didn't know that at all. I was thinking about getting another 2TB drive for my htpc but guess I'll hold off till spring.
Spidubic

Not sure how it will affect you guys down in the states but up here we were just informed by our suppliers that as of January 2nd Western Digital warranty for hard drives will be lowered from 3 years to 2 years. Seagate will drop to a 1 year warranty. For us since our standard system warranty us 2 years we will no longer carry Seagate. Also mentioned was the fact it will likely be March before we see any sizable flow of hard drives again.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: