Site Inactive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashenfield

re: Skyrim Builds

So what is everyone playing?

I'm playing as pure a mage as I can muster.

Most of my focus is in destruction and conjuring. The dual casting in restoration gives my basic heal spell enough juice to keep me alive if I am caught in a blast of dragon fire with no cover in sight.

I've taken the fire and lightning perks in the destruction tree as well as the impact perk. The lightning is nice as it drains mana from casters. It's fun to watch a caster revert to swinging a blade when I've drained them of all of their precious mana.

The impact perk gives a higher probability that a dual cast destruction spell will stagger an attacker.

The flame atronach summon is my go to spell for most encounters above basic trash. It does a nice job of taking agro and dealing damage while I am away casting. It has the added bonus of exploding when killed which is nice for a melee mob.

The 3 word unrelenting force shout is my go to shout. Blasting away enemies en mass and staggering them is a casters best friend.

Ice form is a close second for 1 on 1 fights to gain some precious time to regen while my foe is encased in ice laying on the ground.

If all hell breaks loose and I run out of mana, I will occasionally bring out the ol' Dawnbreaker sword and take a swing or three at some undead. twisted

DawnBreaker - One Handed Sword
Burns for 12 points, and when killing undead, a chance to cause a fiery explosion that turns or destroys nearby undead.
Damage - 13
Weight - 10
Value - 740
Dizzarian

My main character I play is almost mirror to yours although I do love reanimating corpses a lot more and rarely dip into my restoration tree.

It's still so early on in the game for me though. Only lvl 9 at the moment that might change things up a little as I progress and become more of a battle mage
Ashenfield

I do use the reanimate skill from time to time, but so far I have found it's just more reliable to bring my own. Happy

Though it's pretty awesome to revive someone and see them pick up the nearest weapon and go to town. Happy

So far I haven't used any hired hands. I'm stubborn and like to do things on my own.
Torvalis

i have been doing pretty well with my build. i am at lvl 17 atm. i am using heavy armor, bow, and lockpicking. also, enchanting and smithing. i have almost all my skill points in bow and heavy armor use. i can really take a ton of dmg.
Ashenfield

Nice Torv. Happy It seems everyone I talk to is having a different experience with the game, playing it differently, progressing through the content each in a unique way.
Wild Happy
painegiver

Im a single hand (sword/ax/mace) fighter and i have a dest spell in the other hand (i liked flames but now i have fireball) w/ heavy armor

ive been working my lockpicking as well - i really havent specialized yet (level 15), just spending perks here and then, but focusing my leveling on health and the occasional bump in stamina...
Dizzarian

Lately I've been playing a thief/assasin type of build. He steals everything he can and attacks from the shadows with a bow and eventually 2 handed daggers. Too much fun
Ashenfield

I learned the flame cloak spell. <drool>

I found a spider den shortly after. I cleared the whole dungeon by just walking slowly through it while throwing the odd heal. Up until the boss spider. My staff of fireballs fixed that situation up quickly Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Defenders Forum Index -> Skyrim All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: